Because of cancer patients being treated with such harsh chemicals they must be careful with what products they use while going through treatment. Here is a list of 5 best all natural tips and products to help cancer patients going through cancer treatment:
1) Avoid Harsh Chemicals. Avoid cleansers with harsh surfactants or sudsing agents that strip the skin of its environmental protective barrier. Studies show that people who wash with harsh soaps in the morning are 50% less protected from the sun. This is because alkaline soaps strip the skin of oils that form an environmental protection barrier, which needs to be avoided, especially for cancer patients. Opt out for a gentle, all natural cleanser just in the evening to not over dry your skin.
2) Be selective with your moisturizers. Be careful with what moisturizers you use when going through cancer treatment. You should always make sure the moisturizer is all natural and safe to use when going through treatment such as chemotherapy or radiation. Just like any product that is being used by a cancer patient it needs to not contain any harmful chemicals that could make the cancer patients skin more irritated. An all-natural remedy for dry skin is green tea. You can make a mist with green tea or white tea that is safe to use whenever your skin needs hydrating. In hot weather, refrigerate the tea and spritz it on cold—very refreshing! Since green teas have catechins and polyphenols that provide UV protection take a big bottle with you to the beach.
3) Sunscreen! Sunscreen! A very important step one must take is using sunscreen. Wearing sunscreen every day is the best way to prevent basal and squamous cell carcinomas, and non-nano zinc oxide is the ingredient you want to see in your sunscreen. Zinc oxide because it is safe, even for babies, and it provides full spectrum UV protection. Non-nano because the larger the particle the smaller the risk that the zinc oxide will penetrate past the epidermal barrier. Nano-particles are often coated to achieve greater stability, but the coating can break down to generate free radicals that cause cellular and DNA damage. Find an all-natural sunscreen, such as Pure Line Sun Diffuser, to use daily.
4) Food is another great way to naturally help your body. The best way to help your body is by avoiding processed foods therefore stick to whole foods. Whole foods provide better nutrition for your body and contain fewer preservatives and other harmful chemicals. The Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry studies show that boiling and steaming vegetables like carrots, spinach, mushrooms and peppers actually improve their nutritional value. When in doubt, steam vegetables and eat fruits raw for most nutritional value.
• Eat five or more servings of fruits and vegetables every day.
• Choose healthy fats, including omega-3 fatty acids, rather than saturated fats or trans fats
• Select proteins that are low in saturated fat, such as fish, lean meats, eggs, nuts, seeds and legumes.
• Opt for healthy sources of carbohydrates, such as whole grains, legumes, and fruits and vegetables
5) Important to remember green does not always mean all- natural. Many products are marketed in a deceiving them, such as making the product look all-natural but in reality it is not. Products that claim to be natural and organic, thus assumed to be safe, can actually be green-washing their claims. Make sure to always check the ingredients of the product rather than just going by the way it looks.
It can be difficult and confusing trying to find all natural, healthy ways to help your body when going through harsh cancer treatments but it is not impossible. Do your research, and check the ingredients in every product you buy.